Monday, October 4, 2010

A Day Of Chocolate Cupcakes

Today was a day filled with chocolate!  Chocolate cupcakes that is!  I started out early this morning with the first batch and I made it up as I went along. That's what I do.  I make up the recipe or I fix a recipe to make it better.  I took the first batch used a certain chocolate and mixed away.  In the oven they went and 15 minutes later my husband and I were taste testing!  Not so bad for a first try.  Fluffy and had a great taste.  Not bad for the first go around. 



Well, then I thought what if I use a better chocolate instead of my first choice of chocolate.  Which then led to the second try at chocolate cupcakes.  Oh what a mess that was!  I have no idea what happen but those but they were not happy cupcakes.  Maybe I left something out or maybe it was just the new spin I put on the recipe.  Who knows.  What I do know is that those cupcakes went straight from the oven to the trash!

I wasn't going to let one failed cupcake attempt stop me. Along come try number three and some chocolate ganache to go with it.  Well at this point I didn't care if the cupcakes came out bad or amazing because that ganache was amazing!  Yummy.  Well, in went my third batch into my over worked oven and 15 min later my neighbors were over to be my taste testers! 


Dozens of cupcakes later and we have a cupcake we think is good enough to sell.  There will be one more go around with chocolate cupcakes after a friend sends me her recipe.  Then we'll have a real winner! 

Today's cupcake adventure was great.  Chocolate and cupcakes together -what can be better?  I'll tell you what can be better .............  tomorrows cupcake adventure!  I will be working on Red Velvet Cupcakes. Yum Yum Yum.  My husband will be first in line to make sure he gets a taste since he loves red velvet.   Come back around tomorrow to see how well my next baking adventure goes.

Stay happy - eat a sweet!

1 comment: