Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Today was filled with big fluffy Red Velvet Cupcakes.  Two batches to be exact.  Since I've never made a red velvet cupcake before I picked out a recipe from a very famous southern cook -who has a show on the food channel.  Well, I started bright and early this morning while my daughter was still at school.  Out came the flour, sugar and all the good stuff that goes into these cupcakes.  Turned up the heat on my fantastic oven to 350 and put on some tunes on my super old radio that has a tape deck. I mixed and mixed and thought this batch is finally ready.  In the oven it went to be baked.


The first batch was finally done about 20 minutes later.  Out they came to cool and first thing I noticed was these red velvet cupcakes had more of a pink tint to them.  Great maybe for a pink poodle party or a breast cancer awareness event but not for a red velvet cupcake.  With that I started on batch number two!


These came out a little more red this time around. However, still not great.  That's where a great old friend of mine comes into play.  My good old friend from Jersey sent me a tip and that tip will lead to batch number three tomorrow!  The red velvets that were made today were just fine however I'm looking for amazing.  Tomorrow I'm hoping to find just that - the most amazing red velvet cupcake.  Plus, on tomorrows list one more go around with chocolate cupcakes.  A friend sent me a recipe she uses and I think it might just help me out! 

Thank you to my friends and family that are so wonderful and don't mind helping me! Cupcakes for all! 

Remember to treat yourself to a sweet and be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment